NetSTORM is CDM Smith's computer program for precipitation data assessment and rapid long-term urban runoff simulation.
The software performs:
NetSTORM adapts selected algorithms originally included in the U.S. Army
Corps of Engineers HEC-STORM program and extends the STORM methodology to simulate systems with multiple control
structures. It has been used in CSO, SSO, industrial stormwater, and pump station planning studies worldwide. NetSTORM was used to establish stormwater detention basin design guidelines for the
California Stormwater BMP Handbooks.
- Storage – Treatment – Overflow Runoff Modeling
- Precipitation intensity – duration – frequency (IDF) analysis
- Time series aggregation and synthetic disaggregation
- Data conversion from various US National Weather Service formats to tabular formats
- SWMM and MOUSE calibration and statistics tools
NetSTORM is designed for Windows operating systems. It operates in SI and English units. It is available for free download. There are limitations on IDF analysis functionality for unregistered users. See Support page for details.